- 1 cup brown lentils, soaked overnight
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked overnight
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1⁄3 cup of ground flax seed
- Place lentils, onion powder, and garlic powder in a saucepan and cover with enough water so that the water level is approximately 1 inch over the level of the lentils.
- Bring water to a boil and then lower heat to simmer for approximately 30 min, or until lentils are soft.
- Add salt and cook 5 minutes more.
- Process pumpkin seeds finely and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Process zucchini finely, then manually squeeze out all excess fluid from the processed zucchini. Use your hands or nut milk bag to do this.
- Add the zucchini to the pumpkin seeds.
- Add the onion, garlic salt and flax-seed to the bowl.
- Use a colander to strain the cooked lentils and lightly process it and then add the lentils to the mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Use the lid of a wide-lid mouthed canning jar to form the patties and place the patties on the lined tray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
- Turn the patties, and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Place the burger with sliced tomatoes, onion and avocado between two of our taco sized tortillas instead of bread!
Pin This Recipe:
Is the tortilla for the burger, the Peruvian tortillas that you sell or a different one In your cookbook?
Have you tried this recipe with a beet instead of zucchini?