Plant Based Taco Recipe
A Simple, Delicious, Plant-Based Taco
A perfect meal that's simple, vegan, savory, and absolutely satisfying!
- 2 cups Kidney Beans soaked 24 hours and rinse twice a day
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons unrefined salt
- 1 cup water for blending
- Place beans into a 2-quart saucepan and fill with water to one inch above the level of the beans.
- Blend onion, celery, and garlic with 1 cup of water and add to the beans.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until the beans are soft (approximately 1 hour)
- Add the salt and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 1 cup brown rice, soaked 12 hours and rinsed
- 3 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt
- Roast the rice till lightly brown
- Place all ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan, except the rice.
- Bring contents to a boil, then cover and decrease heat to simmer.
- Cook for about 60 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender and fluffy.
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes (medium), diced
- ¼ cup red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon unrefined salt, or to taste
- Prepare the raw toppings individually and mix.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Warm up some of our Organic and delicious tortillas on the skillet to your desired warmth.
- Add your rice and beans with Salsa to taste in your tortilla.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I’m excited about your work and what you are doing, so I don’t want to seem critical. I think it would be helpful if Step No. 3 for the rice stated that the rice is added before covering and simmering.
Heather Leno on